While we were at St Johns I made a bunch of harp-shaped belt mounts under the guidance of the talented Edward Braythwayte. Now I am working on the belt itself fro Wendy.
We decided on an Aqua Green colour for the belt itself, although the dye has come out darker than we thought it would. I also order a belt end and buckle from Lionheart Replicas.
Here is the belt part made. I have already skived the ends to fit the buckle and end plates and punched holes for the mounts. I still need to finish dyeing the leather.
Then I’ll test fit all the elements before finally setting them permanently.
This is the second belt I have done with mounts for Wendy. The other I made a little while ago. The same principle was followed, however, the mounts had a split shaft that just needed to be bent over to fix them. As I didn’t have a lot of the mounts I also did some stamping along the belt, it is just visible in the photo.